Whonix VirtualBox 15.0.0.9.4 - Point Release!

This is a point release.

Download Whonix for VirtualBox:

Alternatively, in-place release upgrade is possible.

Please Donate!

Please Contribute!

This release would not have been possible without the numerous supporters of Whonix!

Notable Changes

Full difference of all changes

https://github.com/Whonix/Whonix/compare/15.0.0.8.9-developers-only...15.0.0.9.4-developers-only

About Whonix

Whonix is being used by Edward Snowden, journalists such as Micah Lee, used by the Freedom of the Press Foundation and Qubes OS. It has a 7 years history of keeping its users safe from real world attacks. [1]

The split architecture of Whonix relies on leveraging virtualization technology as a sandbox for vulnerable user applications on endpoints. This is a widely known weakness exploited by entities that want to circumvent cryptography and system integrity. Our Linux distribution come with a wide selection of data protection tools and hardened applications for document/image publishing and communications. We are the first to deploy tirdad, which addresses the long known problem of CPU activity affecting TCP traffic properties in visible ways on the network and vanguards, an enhancement for Tor produced by the developers of Tor, which protects against guard discovery and related traffic analysis attacks. Live Mode was recently added. We deliver the first ever solutions for user behavior masking privacy protections such as Kloak. Kloak prevents websites from recognizing who the typist is by altering keystroke timing signatures that are unique to everyone.

In the future we plan to deploy a hardened Linux kernel with a minimal number of
modules for OS operation, which will greatly decrease attack surface. An AppArmor profile for the whole system as well as Linux Kernel Runtime Guard (LKRG), which quote performs runtime integrity checking of the Linux kernel and detection of security vulnerability exploits against the kernel.

[1]

2 Likes

WOW SORRY I AM USING Whonix XFCE 15.0.0.9.4 ! NOT 15.0.0.8.9
MY BAD

Maybe a little later but I am getting this (on picture).

What I have done to get thats?! (Following the biggest Whonix FAQ)

• Just have imported VM-Gateway on Virtual Box (in Debian sys).
  • Change Password
  • Updates
  • Remove rsyslog
  • Install ZeroFree (Its this cause the problem!)

Do a reboot to enter on Recovery Mode to Run final zerofree commands… Not ask to root/user password. Stops here.

Hope was only to me :wink:

EDITED

Well. Seems some time waiting. has booted.! And with so configs :wink: (zerofree job), because cant enter on recovery.
I am continue editing this

PS: I have done this on older version 15.0.8.7 succefully. on this version no

EDIT:
Missing last line on picture
[ OK ] Started Apply Kernel Variables

EDIT 2:

Any version. Same answer as this: Whonix VirtualBox 15.0.0.8.9 - Testers Wanted! - #4 by Patrick

1 Like

@Patrick

Sorry again, But I have check NOW.
With version 15.0.0.8.9 Are working like a charm…
VM not break!

Check This screenshot

Finished Sucefully.

Sure It is VirtualBox Issue ?!

Yes. Nothing an operating system inside a VM does should capable of
crashing host virtualization software.

FYI:
Just to Close this thing.

I have needed Change to VM the Graphics Controller:

• VBoxVGA
  • 32MB

And resolved, at least to me!

o/

Thunderbird doesn’t open.

Never executed before and get that: (tryed after reboots)

maybe same old issue?! Error when launching Thunderbird - #3 by Noosne
Willl check today.