This is a point release.
Download Whonix for VirtualBox:
Alternatively, in-place are possible.
- fix starting pkexec based applications from start menu (such as gdebi, synaptic, gparted)
- Update Tor Browser to version 9.
- Whonix build script now optionally supports installing packages from Whonix remote repository rather than building packages locally
- use sudoedit rather than lxqtsudo editor
- Whonix Networking Implementation Developer Documentation
- usability: replace default sudo lecture
- remove deprecated obfs3 from ACW
- AppArmor Live Mode fixes
- AppArmor enhancements
- more seccomp hardening
- Restrict hardware information to root opt-in (documentation)
- Serial Console in VirtualBox
- fix swap - swap file - Whonix-Gateway freezing during apt-get dist-upgrade - encrypted swap-file-creator
- fixed Noscript with Security Slider at Safest permits around 30 sites
- Send SysRq commands to VirtualBox usability helper - virtualbox-send-sysrq
- fix keyboard-configuration debconf popup during apt-get dist-upgrade
- fix command-not-found - WARNING:root:could not open file '/etc/apt/sources.list'
Full difference of all changes:
This release would not have been possible without the numerous supporters of Whonix!