Download the Testers-Only version of Whonix for KVM:
Some important changes like transition to a more modern and secure graphics device will need an install from scratch instead of an in-place upgrade using apt.
- fix starting pkexec based applications from start menu (such as gdebi, synaptic, gparted)
- Update Tor Browser to version 9.
- Whonix build script now optionally supports installing packages from Whonix remote repository rather than building packages locally
- use sudoedit rather than lxqtsudo editor
- Whonix Networking Implementation Developer Documentation
- usability: replace default sudo lecture
- remove deprecated obfs3 from ACW
- AppArmor Live Mode fixes
- AppArmor enhancements
- more seccomp hardening
- Restrict hardware information to root opt-in
- fix swap - swap file - Whonix-Gateway freezing during apt-get dist-upgrade - encrypted swap-file-creator
- fixed Noscript with Security Slider at Safest permits around 30 sites
- fix keyboard-configuration debconf popup during apt-get dist-upgrade
- fix command-not-found - WARNING:root:could not open file '/etc/apt/sources.list'
Full difference of all changes:
This release would not have been possible without the generous supporters of Whonix!