Whonix for VirtualBox
Download Whonix for VirtualBox:
This is a point release.
Alternatively, in-place release upgrade is possible upgrade using Whonix repository.
This release would not have been possible without the numerous supporters of Whonix!
- OpenSSL security fix for Debian and Tor Browser (OpenSSL
- Tor Browser 10.0.15
- monero-gui v0.17.1.9
- no longer install qtox by default Thanks to @madaidan for the suggestion! https://forums.whonix.org/t/tox-qtox-whonix-integration/1219/18
- New anon-log command line utility.
anon-logsimplifies the manual dump Tor log command by only showing relevant log entries and no non-issues.
anon-consensus-deletecommand line utility.
- Tor Consensus Re-Download
- While this persists Tor Entry Guards, it results in Tor re-downloading the Tor Consensus document. Should usually not be required.
- disable the following Tor stream isolation ports
- privoxy 9112
- polipo 9113
- Tor Browser Updater by Whonix Developers gpg key download 9116 (key hardcoded in package source code)
- TorChat 9119
- mixmaster update 9120
- mixmaster 9121
- Tor Messenger 9153
- since deprecated applications in Whonix and no longer in use
- /usr/lib/anon-gw-anonymizer-config/torrc-d-cleaner: fix Avoid moving
- install no longer no longer required auditd by default https://phabricator.whonix.org/T537
- add hardened-malloc-enabled-test
- add new tool apparmor-watch
- add minimum-time-check
- constrained system resources program starter wrapper
- Create apparmor-info (Thanks to madaidan!)
- add /usr/bin/apt-get-reset
- all packages are more standalone, no Whonix specific build dependencies (genmkfile) (packages can now be build without genmkfile)
Recommended VirtualBox version:
- At time of writing.
- Above link takes precedence.
- Improve systemd sandboxing (Thanks to madaidan!)
- simplify 40_bitcoind.yml (Thanks to qubenix!)
- update 40_bitcoind.yml to work with bitcoind v0.21 (Thanks to qubenix!)
- install vm-config-dist also in Qubes-Whonix to have
- improved sandboxing (Thanks to madaidan!)
- python pep8
- update onion time sources (Thanks to TNT!)
- increase timeout to 120 seconds due to slow onions
- sdwdate Time Replay Protection
- document sdwdate Clock Randomization
- document sdwdate Time Sources Criteria (Thanks to TNT!)
- split Anon Meta Packages into Anon Meta Packages (Whonix) and Kicksecure Meta Packages
- renamed whonix-repository to repository-dist
- renamed whonixsetup to setup-dist
- renamed whonix-setup-wizard to setup-wizard-dist
- renamed whonixcheck to systemcheck
Full difference of all changes
(This forum post was previously a call for testers. No release critical bugs where found during the testing period. This forum post was therefore transformed into a stable release announcement. See edit history.)