What is the Browser window size that sites see when you browse? (possible fingerprinting)

Please do this browser test Integration of AI content triggers course explosion and report here what is the “Browser window” size it reported to you.

I’m trying to see if there is significant variance about this in what should be mostly uniform reporting for whonix users.

Good day,

Mine is 1000x600, as it is supposed to. The Tor Browser Bundle always uses such round, but wrong numbers.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Any ideas why mine is 1000x800?

Good day,

like I’ve said, the TBB rounds the numbers, based on your original resolution. As far as I can tell, 1000x600 happens for things arround 720p (and everything in between like 1366x768) and 1000x800 arround 1080p, though I’m not sure, this is just based on what experience I’ve had with my computers. As long as it is not matching up with your real resolution though, it works properly.

Also, ip-check.info really isn’t a good test in regards to the TBB, as it’s incapable of understanding how the TBB provides anonymity (by giving everyone the same fingerprint with only minor variations).

Have a nice day,

Ego

See this page:

1 Like

Use Random Agent Spoofer to spoof browser window as often as you want

Good day,

Very bad idea, actually makes you more trackable.

Have a nice day,

Ego

The screen resolution rounding fix has been included in 6.5

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2017-January/042896.html

You will notice the warning against maximizing the browser window no longer appears anymore.