Subscribing to Wiki / Documentation Updates

Is there any way to receive notifications for major/minor updates to the wiki / documentation? I see the “watchlist” feature but IIUC you need to add each page individually.

1 Like

Good day,

There is. You may do this by selecting “Edit raw watchlist” in the watchlist-menu and copying every title from here into it.

However, keep in mind that this won’t automatically add new pages.

Have a nice day,

Ego

2 Likes

Major stuff is released in the blog btw, but that is more for users:

More developer like following of each and every change:

There might also be rss for the recent Login required - Whonix page.

2 Likes

Suggestion by Ego is clever (as always :)).

Note: if doing this, don’t miss the “next page” button.

Unfortunately, I guess you would may still miss newly added pages. (If these are forgotten from being added to an index.)

From related … Want a local backup of Whonix wiki contents? / Replicating whonix.org wiki … - Perhaps we should automate https://github.com/Whonix/whonix-wiki-backup on whonix.org server to always provide a fresh git backup. (git pull requests there not supported, it’s only a backup dump)

Does any of these options work for you?

2 Likes

2 use cases for me:

1. as a “user”: at one point in time, I read all the doc pages. Now, I want to know when new pages or major edits are made.
  2. as a “contributor”: I don’t want to prioritize updating recently updated pages.

This! I was looking for something like this. How do you even navigate to it???
(EDIT: I see… Tools → Special Pages → …)
RSS would be great… You say “might be”?

I checked this also but saw that it was rather outdated. Would be easy to watch that repository as well. Something like: GitHub - linode/docs: Linode guides and tutorials.

In that case News - Whonix Forum is enough.

I was hoping I could blame the search on how to make that works (mediawiki related only, not Whonix) on you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whonix git-mediawiki backup is now up to date.

And should stay up to date since I just added it to our wikiBackup.sh script. (/cc @fortasse)

Please clone and regularity fetch so we have more diverse backups.

1 Like