Qubes 3.0 RC1 Trouble Installing

Still learning a lot of the basics here. The first install of Whonix onto Qubes RC2 was very smooth. I did a fresh install of Qubes 3.0 RC1 and I have been having some small teething issues to work around. After I sorted those out and finally reached the stage of installing Whonix and another problem popped up. In Konsole on Dom0 when I enter the command:

sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community qubes-template-whonix-gateway-experimental

I receive the following error:

No package qubes-template-whonix-gateway-experimental available.
Error: Nothing to do.

Folks, any ideas?

It’s mentioned here: Whonix Forum

You can install manually by following the advice here: Whonix Forum

[quote=“nrgaway, post:5, topic:1017”]Maybe try to download it directly?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qubesos/files/rpm/r2/templates-community/

Then you will need to copy it to dom0 and use yum to install it. Assuming you download the file in a VM named ‘web’ and the downloaded file is located in the users ‘Downloads’ directory, you can copy to dom0 as follows:

[code]

In dom0 terminal session

cd /tmp
qvm-run --pass-io web ‘cat Downloads/qubes-template-whonix-workstation-gnome-2.1.8-201503092029.noarch.rpm’ > qubes-template-whonix-workstation-gnome-2.1.8-201503092029.noarch.rpm

yum install ./qubes-template-whonix-workstation-gnome-2.1.8-201503092029.noarch.rpm
[/code][/quote]

Hope this helps. Have a nice day!

Thank you for your help. It did work but I ran into some other troubles so I just reinstalled Qubes and will wait for whonix to publish an official procedure for Qubes 3.0. I am too much of a newb to be playing around with this. I’ll just wait :slight_smile:

[quote=“jappleseed, post:1, topic:1055”]Still learning a lot of the basics here. The first install of Whonix onto Qubes RC2 was very smooth. I did a fresh install of Qubes 3.0 RC1 and I have been having some small teething issues to work around. After I sorted those out and finally reached the stage of installing Whonix and another problem popped up. In Konsole on Dom0 when I enter the command:

sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community qubes-template-whonix-gateway-experimental

I receive the following error:

No package qubes-template-whonix-gateway-experimental available.
Error: Nothing to do.

Folks, any ideas?[/quote]

Whonix has not been officially built my ITL yet for Release 3 and therefore is unavailable at this time.

You do have about 4 options I can think of:

[ul][li]Easiest option would be just to wait. Should not be too much longer for R3 Whonix 10[/li]
[li]You can update your R2 Whonix template before installing R3 [url=https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/UpgradeToR3.0rc1/]https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/UpgradeToR3.0rc1/[/url][/li]
[li]You can manually download and install the R2 template, and then upgrade it to R3 in Qubes Release3, but there are not instructions to do this. I could provide them I suppose[/li]
[li]Build from source code. Not really a good option right now since all of my commits are not yet in ITL repos although pull requests have been made.[/li][/ul]