How to configure RetroShare on Qubes OS

Hi!

I’ve search the Qubes Community but I found nothing in this regard.

Is there anybody here who is able to successfully configure RetroShare on Qubes?

I’ve tried everything mentioned in Whonix Community and on Retroshare Website to configure Retroshare. But nothing works

Here are the details:

According to whonix community guideline I pasted follwoing in the sys-whonix tor user config:

HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor/retroshare/
HiddenServicePort 7812 10.152.152.11:30665
HiddenServiceVersion 3

Then I created the Retroshare profile and gave the onion service address created in sys-whonix.

In the Preferences > Nework > Hidden Service Configuration default tor socks proxy 127.0.0.1 was not working then I gave the IP address of sys-whonix (10.137.0.8) and it said Proxy seems to work.

In Incoming configuration Local address is locked at 127.0.0.1 there I gave port 30665 as mentioned in torrc.

In Onion Address I gave the onion address present in /var/lib/tor/retroshare/hostname and port 7812 as mentioned in torrc.

But tor incoming sign remain black.

Any Idea why?

UPDATE:

I checked in other posts and there was written that I should not use the ip address given in the example but the actual Ip address of the AppVM where I am using Retroshare.
So I gave that Ip address. It is : 10.135.0.10

then in another post it was written that i should forward localhost to remote host with iptables. So I forwarded it to 10.135.0.10 with following commands:

sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.all.route_localnet=1

iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -m addrtype --src-type LOCAL --dst-type LOCAL -p tcp --dport 30665 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.135.3.10

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -m addrtype --src-type LOCAL --dst-type UNICAST -j MASQUERADE

Still Retroshare is not working…

Prerequisite exercise:
Make a web server using an onion service work first.

If and only if you completed this exercise, look into RetroShare.

See also: RetroShare

Off-topic as per What to post in this Qubes-Whonix forum and what not.