Error message "Could not OpenPGP verify authenticity of Whonix news!!"

I am using an old version of Whonix (I can’t use the newer 64-bit XFCE version of Whonix on my computer – when something is double-clicked, nothing happens).

I am using a non-XFCE 32-bit version of Whonix (Jessie 8) – it was downloaded in 2017. When I run Whonixcheck, I get the following error message:

“Could not OpenPGP verify authenticity of Whonix News!!”

The error message says that the error could be “a Whonix bug, an attack on Whonix, or the Whonix keys might be outdated”. How likely is it that this is an attack on Whonix? Is it just a case of using an old Whonix version?

This is the code associated with the error:
(gpg_bash_lib_output_gpg_verify_exit_code: 0 | gpg_bash_lib_output_validsig_status: true | gpg_bash_lib_output_alright_status: false | gpg_bash_lib_output_failure: )

The error message says “Using apt-get might fix [the problem]”, but I don’t know how to use that command.

Also, is there currently any way to download a non-XFCE (32-bit) Whonix Workstation and Gateway? Those are the only ones that work on my computer.

Aby1 via Whonix Forum:

I am using a non-XFCE 32-bit version of Whonix (Jessie 8) – it was downloaded in 2017. When I run Whonixcheck, I get the following error message:

That version was deprecated a long time ago, is unsupported, meaning
discouraged.

Also, is there currently any way to download a non-XFCE (32-bit) Whonix Workstation and Gateway?

No. Build from source code might work.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Anon Connection Wizard - Tor failed to (re)start. Job for tor@default.service failed because the control process exited with error code. Error Code: 141.