Clearnet websites partially loading issue

I am on Qubes 4.2 using Qubes-Whonix as a daily driver. My daily web browsing takes place inside a Tor Browser on a disposable Whonix qube that I spawn. Recently (since a few months) the clearnet websites get stuck on partial loading of their elements and images. Mostly I get this issue on when I visit other Discourse forums, and when I try to browse various github repos. See below screenshot in order to get a clearer sense of what I am talking about:

As you can see, the github repo fails to render fully/correctly. It is a quite frustrating to experience and absolutely takes away from using Tor Browser daily.

Anyone else experience this BS? Is this a “whonix issue”, or is this a general Tor network bandwidth issue?

1 Like

Yes, just change the Tor circuit.

2 Likes

This doesn’t work. I end up switching curcuits & refreshing the page in combination, 20 times, and sometimes I can get the full page load. Sometimes the full page doesn’t load ever.

1 Like

What Security Level are you using?

1 Like

Standard

2 Likes

When refreshing the page, does it ever fully load? What happens when you refresh a fully loaded page?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Onion Sites Redirecting to HTTPS

I cannot reproduce this issue.

Whonix source code doesn’t mention “discourse” or “github” and then applies any special treatment for any websites. Related:
Whonix Tor Browser Differences

The same issue should happen on Debian when using the Tor Browser Bundle (TBB).

Please try to resolve as per:

See also:
Tor Browser Functionality on Different Platforms

There’s a Discourse issue with the Safest setting and discourse forums:

Then above link to the discourse bug report should not apply or discourse got worse.

1 Like

Of course I didn’t intend to mean such a ridiculous thing. Simply I reported an issue (a real one) that has been plaguing me for months. And it also appears that at least a handful people also have experienced some similar annoyance.

1 Like

The issue appears on the Standard setting. Your whole post about tor browser security settings is moot and tiring.

1 Like

Most of the time it stays the same partially loaded state, albeit sometimes different elements get loaded and sometimes others disappear. See the screencap picture in my OP. After some 5th or 10th refresh, if ever, I get the page fully loaded state.

1 Like

Okay, try reproducing the issue in a fresh whonix-workstation-17-dvm. These instructions assume you have not modified either the whonix-workstation-17 or the whonix-gateway-17 templates.

1 Like
2 Likes

This thread may be related to your issues if you updated your Tor version:

1 Like