After installing whonix-16 on qubes what should I do with sys-whonix?

Hey guys, I got few questions about upgrading Whonix 16.

After I installing whonix-ws-16 and whonix-gw-16 template, how should I configure sys-whonix ? Should I change Template in qube settings to “whonix-gw-16” or should I create new “sys-whonix” ?

And my second questin is:
When I try to delete whonix-ws-15 or whonix-gw-15 I get this error: VM installed by package manager:whonix-ws-15

Welcome to Whonix forums and thank you for your question!

Since it’s highly unlikely you are what your user name is… Impersonating is forbidden as per the policy of this website.

I must insist that you either provide proof of identity (which I guess is extremely unlikely to happen) or change your user name. You can write a new user name here and I’ll change it for you.

“Unrelated.” This isn’t recommended just because of the release upgrade. It’s neither recommended nor discouraged. If you wanted that for Whonix-Gateway and Whonix-Workstation, you’d be better off with a complete un-installation of Qubes-Whonix and a re-installation as documented.

This is as per Qubes default. Unspecific to Qubes-Whonix. Same issue would happen when attempting to remove debian-10 template (because you installed debian-11 template).

See;

This might be helpful but it isn’t an exact answer:

@Patrick thanks for reply.

You can change my username to “Polyguy1” and sry for breaking that rule, it was first thing that came to my mind lol.

So you are saying that I should change template in qube settins of sys-whonix right ?

How-to: Install Qubes-Whonix

After the Qubes-Whonix ™ installation has finished, it is recommended to manually change the setting of any App Qubes still using Qubes-Whonix ™ 15 Templates to the Qubes-Whonix ™ 16 Templates. [4]