xfce4 workstation

at the moment whonix have any problems with the xfce4?
I and all my friends who use whonix. always put xfce4 on workstation. is all we do right? How
I read the documentation its okay? it is a matter of taste ?

and second question:

how i can delete tine synch monitor plugin from panel? can i? should i use @exit sdwdate@?

Good day,

The use of KDE is mainly a personal preference of @Patrick as explained here: Other Desktop Environments - Whonix and here: Frequently Asked Questions - Whonix FAQ

What do you mean by that? Are you talking about the shortcut?

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

i mean on panel i have applet time synch motinor. can i hide it?

Yes, using kde systray setting as on any Linux distribution but that’s against the original purpose.

its the answer to second question ? do not quite understand

Answer for sdwdate-gui systray.

i use xfce4. so for what i need that thing? swdate gui. for what it? and what will be if i klick @exit@ on it. Is it dangerouse?

Go here:

Whonix Documentation

Search for “sdwdate”.

Read about sdwdate and sdwdate-gui.

I would not recommend making any changes to your system unless you understand the consequences. (Why close it?) The best way to understand Whonix is to search the documentation.

Also, please keep in mind that users who subscribe to these forums receive every one of your posts as a separate email. If possible, it would be appreciated if you could consolidate your posts, within reason of course.

There were no results matching the query.

Ego. I did not find anything about the sdwdate panel monitor. Can i exit it or dont?

PS this is forum, and any, even the most stupid question is the forum only benefit. Cuz noobs like me can find some answers on google\forum.

Good day,

The thing is that you express yourself in a way which makes it kind of hard to understand. @Patrick and @entr0py already gave you as sufficient answer. I don’t think I (or anyone for that matter) is really able to give you a better explanation/answer.

Have a nice day,

Ego

“Yes, using kde systray setting as on any Linux distribution but that’s against the original purpose.”

it sounds like yes and no at the same time.

Good day,

Well, because that is the case. You can in theory deactivate it via the “Systemtray settings”, though not displaying information which is somewhat vital to Whonix as a system and the security it delivers is not really to recommend and also not really the purpose of it.

In this way, you can do a lot.Always run everything in root for example. Though not everything should be done for your own protection and good. Or as @entr0py put it:

[quote=“entr0py, post:9, topic:2994”]
I would not recommend making any changes to your system unless you understand the consequences.[/quote]

Have a nice day,

Ego

OK. then I will not touch it.
tnx