Windows start menu keeps popping up, can't work with Whonix

Why is it, that when i start the gateway or the main program, the Windows start menu is popping up at every keystroke? I can’t even get the focus into Whonix, even if i try Ctrl-Right, which actually does nothing. Is there any way to get rid of this behavior?

Welcome to Whonix forums and thank you for your question.

Whonix is based on various components such as VirtualBox. Whonix development has zero control over what Windows on the host or VirtualBox does.

Therefore I suggest to resolve these questions as per Free Support for Whonix ™ - VirtualBox support or Windows support might know better. Please consider to share your findings for benefit of others users.

Sorry. There is definitely something wrong with Whonix. I never see this happen otherwise, besides pushing the Alt key. So i consider deinstalling Whonix, because i can’t work like that.

At this time Whonix ships zero code that interfaces with Windows or the Windows task bar directly.

Then Virtual Box must have been the reason. Either way, i had too uninstall Virtual Box/Whonix, which is a bummer. But there has to be some kind of bug with the mouse catching function in Oracle’s product. it was just too distracting, since the menu opened not just once, but repeatedly with every mouse click. Maybe i’ll give it another try sometime later. Thanks!