[HOME] [DOWNLOAD] [DOCS] [NEWS] [SUPPORT] [TIPS] [ISSUES] [DONATE]

Wickr problem, help

I successfully installed Wickr inside whonix, everything works well except i can’t send files…i get an error message when i try to send file “File transfer error”. Can someone help me with that?

Wickr is closed source. Solutions for Wickr documentation and support were a result of paid support as there’s no other reason for us to care.

For reference:

Support: Professional Support

It’s not clear I could fix that, even if paid.

They wrote this on their site…i’ve tried everything but simply can’t fix it.

"Your pictures and other files may not go through if the timestamp on the file/image message does not match what is being reported by your device.

To resolve, please try setting the time/date to automatically update on the device, then restart the device, open Wickr, and try sending attachments again."

It seems it doesn’t like UTC time and insists on having it match your last known timezone or something.

You can mess around with the system clock on Whonix but beware it will mess up fingerprint

1 Like

Solution for this problem is actually very simple…when you want to send a file wickr ask you to write the name of the file and you just change it…for example file123 to file1234.

But now i have another problem with wickr installation on the newest Whonix version (15-XFCE)…I’m getting multiple error messages.

When trying to open ubuntu.list with this command (kdesudo mousepad /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu.list) it gives me this error…

WARNING:root:could not open file '/etc/apt/sources.list’
kdesudo: command not found

…so i use terminal whonix command (sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu.list)…i paste recommended repo lines, save it and that’s it.

After updating dependencies (sudo apt-get update), it gives me this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/cnf-update-db”, line 26, in
col.create(db)
File “/usr/share/command-not-found/CommandNotFound/db/creator.py”, line 94, in create
self._fill_commands(con)
File “/usr/share/command-not-found/CommandNotFound/db/creator.py”, line 132, in _fill_commands
self._parse_single_contents_file(con, f, fp.stdout)
File “/usr/share/command-not-found/CommandNotFound/db/creator.py”, line 228, in _parse_single_contents_file
l = l.decode(“utf-8”)
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘utf-8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xed in position 15: invalid continuation byte
Reading package lists… Done
E: Release file for tor+https://deb.debian.org/debian-security/dists/buster/updates/InRelease is not valid yet (invalid for another 1h 37min 16s). Updates for this repository will not be applied.
E: Problem executing scripts APT::Update::Post-Invoke-Success ‘if /usr/bin/test -w /var/lib/command-not-found/ -a -e /usr/lib/cnf-update-db; then /usr/lib/cnf-update-db > /dev/null; fi’
E: Sub-process returned an error code

Help?