WhonixCheck Error

Hello Whonix check has not been successful for the past 6-7 hours now.
I keep getting this error:

Secondly, regarding socks5 proxies, I have notice no change in my IP when
I edit the torrc file to read:

I’d like to have control over where my location appears to be.
Could you please tell me what I have done wrong?

More errors:
WARNING: whonixcheck aborted! (SIGNAL_TYPE:SIGTERM)

I need help here

Wrong usage. See documentation:

[quote=“Nnamen, post:2, topic:1173”]More errors:
WARNING: whonixcheck aborted! (SIGNAL_TYPE:SIGTERM)

I need help here[/quote]
Expected when you press cancel.

Thank you for your reply.

Still, you didn’t respond to the first issue I raised.
I have not been able to use Tor within whonix since yesterday. The error persists:

Tor opens up but doesn’t work. Internet is working on the host. Tor is updated
and working on the host as well. This error is persitent and has prevented use of the
web in Whonix.

I assumed the Socks5Proxy setting in /etc/tor/torrc prevents you from connecting. Perhaps because the proxy is offline. Remove that settings.

Still no luck. I have removed the setting but the error remains.
Here’s my torrc file now:

It worked until yesterday and yesterday you started making changes related to proxies?

If so, I would assume user error. Changed some settings that are not supposed to be changed. (The old bridged vs nat discussion. [Security Guide - Whonix]) Import a fresh Whonix-Gateway and or Whonix-Workstation.

If not,then I don’t know.

I’m Sorry…I Just restarted and yes it did work…I was hoping to catch you before you posted…Thanks.

Now Finally,

[quote=“Patrick, post:3, topic:1173”]Wrong usage. See documentation:

I followed the example in the torrc.examples file…Please tell me what to do so I can get off your back.

Thanks again

I'd like to have control over where my location appears to be.
You want https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Tunnel_Proxy_or_SSH_or_VPN_through_Tor.

You don’t want Combining Tunnels with Tor.

[quote=“Greenwhonix, post:1, topic:1174”][quote author=Patrick link=topic=1357.msg8708#msg8708 date=1435323630]

Expected when you press cancel.
[/quote]

Maybe I’m being too picky here, but while warnings aren’t supposed to tell the user that something goes very wrong, that red color is scary, Red is the color of errors. Perhaps the color of warnings should be yellow?[/quote]
Moved here:

You want Combining Tunnels with Tor.

You don’t want Combining Tunnels with Tor

Thank you…But…

From the documentation you refered me to:

“…To do that, go to your Whonix-Workstation and add the proxy, SSH or VPN normally, just like you
would do, if you wouldn’t use the Whonix-Gateway…”

“…using proxy settings in Whonix there is no difference from using proxy settings in an ordinary way…”

“…using a Proxyfier in Whonix there is no difference from using a Proxyfier in an ordinary way…”

What IS the “ordinary way”?. I have never used proxies before so where in the docs does it clearly state
the steps and order needed to be taken to configure whonix to use a Socks5 proxy?

I need you to tell me what to do just as you did here:

[size=24pt]"[/size]You need root rights to do this.

Start Menu → Applications → Settings → /etc/tor/torrc

Or.

Code: [Select]
kdesudo kwrite /etc/tor/torrc[size=24pt]"[/size]

The docs aren’t helping so much now.

Thank you

“ordinary way” - Imagine Whonix wouldn’t exist. How you would do it then (on Debian/Linux). You would end up on search engines, various documentation perhaps TorifyHOWTO · Wiki · Legacy / Trac · GitLab. These “ordinary” instructions apply.

Can’t provide better instructions at this time. It’s a known issue.

[html] Tunnel, VPN, proxy, SSH documentation needs to be restructured for better usability. Help welcome, contributions by volunteers are happily considered! [/html]

Don’t hold your breath for it.

Advanced users only if you want so.

[font=Verdana][size=2px]"ordinary way" - Imagine Whonix wouldn't exist. How you would do it then (on Debian/Linux). [/size][/font]

Debian is over 21 years. There are far more resources online. So yes, search engines would be the way to go.
Whonix on the other hand is still quite young.

There’s no question that you’ve done a wonderful thing here with Whonix and what’s even more impresive
is how you keep up with all support issues accross the web(no only on this forum). But I’m just asking
for help. Nothing more. If you insist that I study like I got examinations to sit for, then I will.

By the way, most Debian resources also apply to Whonix, because it’s based on Debian, see:

But I'm just asking for help. Nothing more. If you insist that I study like I got examinations to sit for, then I will.
That's best I can offer at this time.