Скажите, после того, как я установил qubes-whonix , мне надо производить какие-нибудь дополнительные настройки whinix или все настроено по умолчанию для анонимного серфинга в интернете?
Да. Он настроен, чтобы держать вас анонимным по умолчанию.
Qubes-Whonix should, if set-up correctly, by default tunnel all your traffic through Tor.
Have a nice day,
Огромное Вам спасибо! и еще вопрос. Почему я не могу запустить в anon-whonix месенджер vipole?
в терминале выдает ошибку: Warning:libpng warning:iccp: know incorect sRGB profile
Что мне делать?
Похоже, что это ошибка с посыльным. Не Qubes. Не Whonix.
That issue seems to lie with the software you are trying to use. We cannot help you with this either.
Have a nice day,
последний вопрос. А если я установлю vipole в tamplete vm fedora23, таккак оно там работает и подключу fedora 23 к whonix -gw. То Vipole не сможет меня скомпрометировать ?
Whonix will route all of your traffic over Tor regardless of which Template you use. But it can’t protect any of your content after it has left the Tor network. This means that VIPole or any eavesdropper can read your messages after they have passed through Tor if the communications software is not secure.
I’ve never heard of VIPole so I did some research. Here’s some basic due diligence for you:
- VIPole is proprietary software so no one can review the code. Which means you have to trust the reputation of the developers. Who are the developers?
- The website makes no mention of who the developers are or who owns / runs the company. No names, no addresses, no phone numbers. Support is via web form.
- Hidden in the legal docs is the registered company name and number. VIPole.com is owned by a UK company, VIPole International LP.
- Look up the company: Get information about a company - GOV.UK. You’ll see that the registered address is a nice little home in Scotland. Now we all know that great success can happen from humble beginnings (think: apple, hp, etc). However, I don’t want my secure communications platform and proprietary encryption implementation to be coming from someone’s garage. (Actually, it looks like the address doesn’t exist at all.)
- Again, no names in the company registration. VIPole International LP is owned by 2 partners, UK Popular Holding LTD and Eurocapital Management Limited, which happen to both be Seychelles entities.
- Look further and you’ll see that these two firms have collaborated on 40-odd ventures, including one I happened to see called Moscow City LLP. Perhaps they are great venture capitalists, or maybe they’re just scam artists, or maybe the FSB is up to no good. I have no idea.
- I didn’t dig any deeper. I have a feeling the Seychelles is not one of the more transparent jurisdictions.
- No idea who wrote VIPole code.
- Don’t trust VIPole.
- Don’t trust anyone who told you to use VIPole.
- Read this for better options: Instant Messenger Chat
Thank you for your help! I did not expect such a high quality and timely
support! Tomorrow I will set myself Bitcoins and you enumerate Donat!
Read the information on your link, now all became clear to me only one
question, What do you think about telegrams?
If you mean the Messenger Telegram, then I’d stay away from it. Uses a proprietary encryption software which has been proven to be insecure in the past more than once.
Have a nice day,
Thank you for the sentiment. If you have spare coins, please donate them to the Whonix Project: Donating to Whonix ™. There are no viable alternatives to Whonix. Please help keep it going.
What @Ego said. I just now posted a new thread to help with this question: