Whonix.org .onion link in on mainpage and forum quicklinks

Please add the .onion address to the mainpage top alongside documentation and support section headers. Also in the forum quicklinks towards the top. Makes it easier for people who want to use it for safety.

I just thought about it: what if all shortcuts in ws use the .onion address? It has the same effect of using Darkweb everywhere except we are not modifying Torbrowser in any way or its fingerprint be adding non mainstream addons.

I would like if TPO consider adding DarwebEeverywhere but I doubt they will

There is a:
.onion [note]
in the page footer on any wiki page.

Not sure what you are suggesting.

Also in the forum quicklinks towards the top.
Could only be a static link to .onion/forum. No dynamic link to .onion/forum/real-link. The latter would require quite more work, someone doing custom php code, I think.
I just thought about it: what if all shortcuts in ws use the .onion address

.onion has scalability issues. (known bugs by TPO) Generally too unstable. Using it by default would likely create too much support requests.

Not sure what you are suggesting.

I’m suggesting here:

Home
    Help
    Search
    Moderate
    My Messages
    Members
    Logout
    Homepage
    WebChat
    IRC
    Blog
    GitHub
    Donate
    Impressum

and here on the main page in these sections. Nothing of the sort of dynamic linking you talked about.

Whonix

Downloads

Documentation

Blog 

Support

.onion has scalability issues. (known bugs by TPO) Generally too unstable. Using it by default would likely create too much support requests.

Ok how about additional desktop shortcuts to the clear net ones?

What exact text to add? Just one more link “onion”? Link to where? to / or /forum?

Whonix

Downloads

Documentation

Blog 

Support

I’d like to only add most important stuff there in order not to overload the page. And I tend to overload the page. A big ONION link that doesn’t work for clearnet users (and that would occasionally create support requests) does not seem like such a great idea to me.

[quote].onion has scalability issues. (known bugs by TPO) Generally too unstable. Using it by default would likely create too much support requests.[/quote]

Ok how about additional desktop shortcuts to the clear net ones?

Seems like a giant duplication.

What exact text to add? Just one more link "onion"? Link to where? to / or /forum?

Call it “Hidden Service”. The link on Whonix.org would show the main page running on the HS, the forum link would link to its hidden counterpart.

Seems like a giant duplication.

One more icon on the desktop that says “WhonixForum Hidden Service” wouldn’t add much clutter IMHO. Either way up to you.

Nevermind. even when I use the newly added .onion links at the bottom of the forum, I stil get redirected to the clearnet address when logging in.

Same issue as Whonix Forum.

Don’t know if its any help but txtorcon, a Tor project, is supposed to help servers function as HS

https://txtorcon.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

With txtorcon installed, you can use "onion:" port/endpoint strings with any endpoint-aware Twisted program. For example, to use Twisted Web to serve your ~/public_html as a hidden service (-n means don’t daemonize and log to stdout):

It’s not that this would be impossible to solve. Would require a development of the web applications. There is no fix without patching the web applications. Which is very unlikely to happen.

Not a problem and is definitely not worth your time.