Whonix-Gateway-CLI with Whonix-Workstation-XFCE

is it possible to use the whonix-gateway-cli with the whonix-workstation-xfce without using the xfce-gateway. will it work the same, any draw backs? is it as simple as downloading both the cli-gateway and the xfce-workstation and running the same as you would with the xfce workstation.

Can i use the whonix cli gateway with the whonix xfce work station, if so is there any set up i need to do or do i just need to download the cli gateway and run it with the xfce workstation?

Quote Whonix for Windows, macOS, Linux inside VirtualBox

Can I combine Whonix-Gateway ™ CLI with Whonix-Workstation ™ XFCE? Yes! [archive]

Hello,

this combination doesn’t seem to work any more: I downloaded both appliances and imported them into VB. Then I deleted the gateway-gui and the workstation-cli versions and started the remaining gateway-cli and workstation-gui, but the workstation can’t get any connection.

Did I do anything wrong there or has this feature been cancelled in the latest versions?

Thanks in advance!

No.

Guess: General connectivity issue. Unrelated to GUI / CLI. Likely even the Whonix-Workstation CLI wouldn’t work with that Whonix-Gateway CLI.

I downloaded the latest available version again and tried again, but still I can not get the GUI workstation to work in conjunction with the CLI gateway. :frowning:

Can you confirm functional connectivity in a standard setup, that is GUI + GUI or CLI + CLI?