Whonix-Gateway aborted

Hello everyone,

Since 2 days my Whonix-Gateway crash systematically as soon as I try to connect to internet via Tor. On my VM Virtualbox manager I see "Whonix Gateway aborted".

Where does the problem come from in your opinion?

Good day,

Could you post what happens when you try to start it with:

VBoxManage startvm [Name]

Have a nice day,

Ego

Thank you for your reply.
When I use this command line I manage to launch “Whonix-Gateway” but my problem is not there.
In my case, Whonix-Gateway and Whonix-Workstation work well. In my VM VirtualBox Manager, Whonix-Gateway and Whonix-Workstation are in running status until I want to access the Internet by clicking on the TOR button, there is either “Gateway” or either “Workstation” crash but most often it is Gateway.
It has been going on for 2 days.
I use whonix for 2 years and I had never encountered this problem. Am I the only one in this case or are there other people who are experiencing the same problem?

Good day,

Sorry, appear to have misunderstood your question initially. Say, what do you mean by the “Tor button”? The globe in the bottom right corner for the time synchronisation monitor?

Have a nice day,

Ego

Not at the bottom right but at the bottom left, I click on the globe button TOR browser next to “DOLPHIN-file manager”. I’ve been doing this for 2 years without any problem and then I just tried again for the umpteenth time and Whonix-Gateway crashed again.
It’s really weird. Should I reinstall whonix?

Good day,

But the Tor Browser Bundle doesn’t exist on the Whonix Gateway. If it did, it would defeat the whole puprose behind Whonix. It soely exists on the Workstation. That’s why I have a hard time following what you are doing in the Gateway, wanting to execute it in the first place.

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

Yes i know it.
Let me describe exactly how I proceed.
Since my VM Virtualbox Manager I run Whonix-Gateway, when the desktop appears I check Whonixcheck. If all is ok, I go back to my VM Virtualbox Manager and I run Whonix-Workstation, when the desktop appears I check Whonixcheck, if everything is ok I go on internet using TOR (I do this from Workstation and not Gateway). But I don’t know why for 2 days I can not access the net, when I take a look at VM VirtualBox Manager I see “Whonix-Gateway aborted” and this happens every time I click on Tor browser Button (located on Workstation).
I did not touch any settings. This is really weird.