So I’ve followed this https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Bridges using obfs4.
I got a few questions (some may not related to Whonix though).
- If I supplied 3 bridges to /etc/tor/torrc, how are they being chosen? In random or first line first?
- If the chosen bridges, somehow, doesn’t work (rejecting or broken). Will there be risk of leak? And what will happen - packet is dropped or Tor will choose a new one from the list and continue without dropping (no need to resend).
- Is it recommended to put as many bridges as possible in /etc/tor/torrc?
- Is it recommended to change list of bridges often?
- If using bridges “makes things harder for your ISP to know that you’re using Tor”, then everyone should be using bridges whenever possible? If not, are bridges more vulnerable to attacks compared with entry guards?