Whonix 8.2 Maintenance Release

[html]

Download:

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Download

Changelog:

– updated Debian packages including Heartbleed OpenSSL bug fix

– Whonix’s Tor Browser updater: download from torproject’s clearnet domain instead of torproject’s onion domain by default, because the onion domain is too slow/can’t handle the load. Downloading form the onion domain is possible using –onion.

– no longer recommending to use VirtualBox’s snapshot feature in VirtualBox’s VM import text due to data loss bug in VirtualBox

[/html]

There are no torproject hidden services anymore

[quote=“z, post:2, topic:263”]There are no torproject hidden services anymore

Sad news. Thanks for the report. Removed in git master (https://github.com/Whonix/Whonix/commit/8e598e2d26a5c4483fe9fa8b7a81d3758a7e0719). Feature will be removed in in Whonix 9.

I have downloaded the images from whonix.org several times over different VPNs, and I can’t get them to verify. Also, my torrent client keeps redownloading the same fist 500 kbytes or so over and over again from the web seed (I couldn’t find any peers either). Perhaps something is wrong with the web server?

Thanks for your report. Confirmed. Working on it.

[quote=“Patrick, post:5, topic:263”][quote author=g link=topic=277.msg1838#msg1838 date=1399119572]
I have downloaded the images from whonix.org several times over different VPNs, and I can’t get them to verify. Also, my torrent client keeps redownloading the same fist 500 kbytes or so over and over again from the web seed (I couldn’t find any peers either). Perhaps something is wrong with the web server?
[/quote]
Thanks for your report. Confirmed. Working on it.[/quote]
Please try again.

The server issues seems to be fixed, but the images still won’t validate:

gpg: Signature made Fri Apr 11 22:39:42 2014 EDT using RSA key ID 77BB3C48
gpg: BAD signature from “Patrick Schleizer adrelanos@riseup.net

Given that the signatures was made almost a month a ago, perhaps they were for an earlier dev release?

My mistake. Now fixed.