Whonix 7.7.6.4

Im currently testing new release,and i can said it much better previous ones.

First id like to said about advantages:

1)own whonix repository:

-its really great,signed with Adrelanos key,so any malicious attemps would be FAILED,also i guess debian right now providing only signed packages with their keys,which is also good,
-repository have stable,testers and developers distributions,for example i prefer right now-stable,

2)fixed some errors-bugs with applications:

-synaptic installations (removed from current release),
-previous there was something like a bug,when you starting MAT it just loading and closed then,also some other applications,
-vlc player now working fine,previous just wont started,you needed to install other one,
-udisks FINALLY installed by default,no need to do it manually,like in every previous release before
-TBB error fixed,not installed by default (default browser iceweasel) so you just check the current version and download it (current 3.5.1 new release)

3)more graphical,like debian usage.

4)and as for me,7.7.6.4 a little bit faster,as gateway and workstation

Now about errors :

1)i have such error from terminal after apt-get update:

W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
9C131AD3713AAEEF
W: Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/dists/stable/updates/Release.gpg Could not resolve ‘security.debian.org

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

so,there is no gpg key for this debian distribution by default in whonix workstation,as it so?

2)have installed 2 app (macchanger-gtk and network-manager-kde) when i start them from root have such errors

root@host:/home/user# macchanger-gtk
No protocol specified
Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0 at /usr/lib/perl5/Gtk2.pm line 138.

root@host:/home/user# network-manager-kde
Could not find the database of available applications, run update-command-not-found as root to fix this
network-manager-kde: command not found

Also Adrelanos,maybe better would be if synaptic and macchanger installed by default,i see gui,maybe not only noobs use graphical interface,just more simplier and faster,what do you think about it?

Thank you for testing!

so,there is no gpg key for this debian distribution by default in whonix workstation,as it so?
This is an issue with key transition from my old to my new key. Unfortunately, it looks like apt-get (Debian Wheezy) doesn't understand, when repositories are signed with two keys. When the final is released, I will sign it only with my new key and that error will be gone.
root@host:/home/user# macchanger-gtk
Please don't start X applications in terminal as root, ever. This can lead to issues which are difficult to fix.

If you want to start X applications as root, please use this:

kdesudo macchanger-gtk
kdesudo dolphin
Also Adrelanos,maybe better would be if synaptic and macchanger installed by default,i see gui,maybe not only noobs use graphical interface,just more simplier and faster,what do you think about it?
Macchanger would be more useful on the host. And a useful implementation would offer what Tails is offering only for Tails for all Debian and derivative users. Someone should generalize their work. I am afraid, it will take a very long time until I get to that.

About the graphical package manager… Well, synaptic and apper have just been removed. Because they have been proven to cause more support requests than terminal apt-get. I am afraid, I am not aware of any usable graphical package manger in the Debian world, that always works in all cases. (I am not implying the Fedora world has one, I don’t know about others.) For a more details discussion about this development topic, please see:
To use or not to use automatic updates, Update Notifier, GUI Updater, GUI package manager.