Whonix 14 - Gateway - Remove

Autoremove or not! Workstation runs perfectly at present.

ef86

Hi ef86

Creating backups and using VM stapshots (Non-Qubes-Whonix) is strongly recommended in case a mistake is made or an upgrade or apt autoremove breaks your system.

When is it OK to use apt autoremove:

3 Likes

Hello dear 0brand.
I have had the problem for a while now. Whonix 13 (Jessie) did not have this type of problem. I’m pretty insecure now …; - Since nobody makes a really clear statement here, whether this is a mistake or not? Or how can I fix this “error”?

Best regards

ef86

Hi ef86

You’re referring to you screenshot if the first post? That is not an error.

sudo apt-get autoremove is safe to run, if one of the following packages is being kept.That means if one of the following packages is not in the list of to be autoremoved packages.

Non-Qubes-Whonix:

• Whonix-Gateway: non-qubes-whonix-gateway-kde
  • Whonix-Workstation: non-qubes-whonix-workstation-kde

Qubes-Whonix:

• Whonix-Gateway: qubes-whonix-gateway
  • Whonix-Workstation: qubes-whonix-workstation

https://whonix.org/Whonix_Debian_Packages#When_is_it_safe_to_run_sudo_apt-get_autoremove.3F

2 Likes

Dear 0brand,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the support you have given me so far. I did not forget it.

For myself, here seems to be absolute chaos. Here is a handling that I do not know.

I think the problem lies buried here.

ef86

Hi ef86

If that is the issue you are having then you should post on that thread. If you still have questions about apt-get autoremove packages use this thread. Are you still confused about apt-get autoremove?

2 Likes

Dear 0brand.

Yes, I am very confused about apt-get autoremove! But I found this thread today.

especially this

Well, I think, it’s time to wait…

ef86