when you will fix this bug

whgen u fix the apparmor massage bug?

I don’t know which one you are referring. But please search the forums for any error messages, likely this has already been fixed for the next Whonix version.

logfile \var\log\kern.log
for more information please see woko.ubuntu.com\debugging

Any apparmor denied message will show that message. You have to actually look into that log.

hallo patrick. now i installed the new host system. before i had ubuntu and now its clear debian 8, but again i install all new and see this massage apparmor…

patrick

the last i see this:

apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“OPEN” profile="/usr/bin/whonixcheck" name="/etc/perl/sitecustomize.pl"

what is this

Please use the forum search function, then you find this:

/var/log/kern.log contains 4 denied messages in the last day

then it’s safe? and you fix it in the 14 version?

Please read that thread. It’s exactly the same question and my answer is just two lines exactly answering your question…

that question was asked 2 months ago, he can no longer relevant.

Good day,

The answer should still apply as there weren’t any massive changes in the meantime.

Have a nice day,

Ego

ego can you answer if patrick busy. i looked on that link but dont understand what is that meen? should i edit some files? or i need ignore it and w8 whonix14( and when it will be?)

Good day,

Like @Patrick mentioned in the thread, either ignore it, or try the mentioned fix which consist of adding:

/etc/perl/sitecustomize.pl r,

to the file you may find in “etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.whonixcheck”.

Details may be found here: https://github.com/Whonix/whonixcheck/commit/0dea981efb7728e9618915fd2ec7d9e71b25f601

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

i cant edit this file. @the document could not be saved as it was not possible to write@

Good day,

Did you launch nano/gedit with sudo? Because for this change to take place, you need to be root.

Have a nice day,

Ego

i edit the file like you say. but the massage still i have. why like that? when will the 14 whonix come to fix it?

Good day,

Are you certain that you typed it correctly and added it in the correct way as shown on the linked Github page? Because otherwise I’m not certain whether there is any other way we might be able to help you.

Also, a release date for Whonix 14 is, as far as I can tell, not really set in stone.

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like