what laptop i should buy for qubes+whonix

I do not want to buy a laptop , and it will not go qubes good. You can write on what kind of laptop you running qubes + whonix? its will really help . Thank you.

p.s librem 15 is cost 2 much. so cant buy that.

Good day,

Qubes actually offers a list of compatible devices on their site, see: Hardware compatibility list (HCL) | Qubes OS

Have a nice day,

Ego

do i need core i7. or i5 is work good too

Good day,

That is an impossible to answer question. I3, I5, I7, etc. are just brand terms and often don’t the abilities of a processor. Sometimes an I3 is faster than an I7. Like I’ve said, the compatibility list should show you devices that work very well with Qubes.

Have a nice day,

Ego

tell me your laptop model please. where u use qubes

Good day,

The PC on which I have Qubes installed is a Desktop. Tried it once on a rather old HP-Notebook, though the graphics card was incompatible. My daily-driver, a Surface Pro 4, is sadly also out of the question, since I only got the 4GB-Model, which is quite limiting for something like Qubes.

Have a nice day,

Ego

This is also a question that could be directed at the Qubes support. Any laptop working well for Qubes will do so for Qubes-Whonix also.

Thinkpad T420 with 16GB RAM and i5 is working very well for me. Can find for around $300 in USA. Maybe a little more with the RAM upgrade.

But Lenovo watching users. And have some viruses on bios and hard drive isnt?

lenovo