What kind of hardware information VB know about host?

There is most likely no usable solution to this issue anywhere.

what do u mean. is this whonix support? not nice :frowning: i still dont understand.

You can ask a question and someone might post an answer. In this case the answer is “This is a difficult technical problem and no one on earth has been skilled and motivated enough to fix it.” You might not like the answer, I don’t like the answer either, but nonetheless it is the current state of affairs.

1 Like

I hope @nurmagoz say something sensible

where you see a technical problem ? This problem can be solved , just that you are not competent enough. sry

For KVM this is an open development task.

So all WHONIX users work in internet whith open to all information about CPU?
it can be considered safe ?

• it’s not all information just specific ones, no hardware serials (specifics: Protocol Leak and Fingerprinting Protection‎)
  • to read it, an attacker first requires local compromise
  • so in most cases most of the time this information is not leaked
  • even if leaked, it does not automatically lead to deanonymization
  • no perfect anonymity/privacy/security

but i heard java script and flesh can show this information for site? even without a installed virus, is it true? .

Good day,

Well, yes and no.

First of all, JS should never be activated. However, in this case that wouldn’t make a difference either, as information about the processor in use can only be read via JS using a added extension of FF not existing in it and concerning any other, readable information the TBB prevents this kind from beeing leaked by letting everyone have the same user agent, resolution, etc.

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

do you mean that to find information about the CPU need to enable Javascript and install the application ? and whithout it site can not see this info?

What kind of answers are you expecting ?
Yes , you can screw up your Anonymity by not being careful.
You should take some Time to read the Topics Patrick posted.

You get what you pay for … (oh wait , right)

Please, go for it then, solve those Problems . Or do you know a way how we could fix them? .
Enlighten us!

There will be no 100% safety or Anonymity (it always depends on your Adversary), if you are conscious of that , then you can act accordingly.

Maybe helpful :

https://securityinabox.org/

(DEF CON 22 - Adrian Crenshaw- Dropping Docs on Darknets: How People Got Caught)
https://youtu.be/eQ2OZKitRwc"[quote="jack3d, post:22, topic:2501”]
do you mean that to find information about the CPU need to enable Javascript
[/quote]

Yes

1 Like

Good day,

No. Like I said, the TBB has the necessary extension for this NOT included. It isn’t possible.

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

Ego! Do u have tha same like me. When i run @sudo lshw@ in CPU i see my processor name and @serial: 0002-0652-0000-0000-0000-0000@ but its not my cpu serial. i asked on intel support wtf is this numbers mean. and they told me like its not intel code its like another crap. And when i run lshw on host i dont see this number. wtf is this?

product: Intel® Core™ i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz
vendor: Intel Corp.
physical id: 4
bus info: cpu@0
version: 6.5.2
serial: 0002-0652-0000-0000-0000-0000 (( WTF IS THIS???)))
slot: LGA1156
size: 3066MHz
capacity: 3800MHz
width: 64 bits
clock: 133MHz

if i will use KVM (replaced virtualbox) will my hardware reliably hide? qubes i dont whant too use cuz it hard for notebook.

yes it will be hidden , so use KVM instead of vbox if ur computer support virtualization (very important to enable it from the bios).

recommendation:- use Debian + KVM (but not Ubuntu)

Hi @nurmagoz

Do you mind running new CPU info tests on Whonix KVM 13?

I filtered out even more CPU instructions that could be abused and added useful ones like aes for encryption acceleration. I need new data for documentation and wanted it to consistent with your previous machines.

http://phabricator.whonix.org/T449

Please post it here: Guest systems sees CPU of the Host - #23 by Patrick

Hi @nurmagoz

hey HulaHoop , hru (long time)

Do you mind running new CPU info tests on Whonix KVM 13?

i meant the old test whonix 12 + kvm

I filtered out even more CPU instructions that could be abused and added useful ones like aes for encryption acceleration. I need new data for documentation and wanted it to consistent with your previous machines.

sure thing :wink:

1 Like

@nurmagoz do u try this variant dated 2013year. http://tty.org.ru/node/182 look on it. u dont know russian but u can see where is config edited

@nurmagoz what do u think?