I followed these instructions exactly on my gateway, it finished with an error, sorry i cant post it verbatim because i cant copy it to my workstation and i cant post from the gateway, it said “error processing package grub-pc”. I rebooted and the the padlock sync icon in the upper right no longer appears and workstation wont connect to internet. I tried sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade and it gives this huge list over 200 items of things, i select to upgrade, it finishes with same grub error. I reboot, no tor still, i try upgrade again, same huge list of things, same error. I copied over from my backup since this release is broken and i dont want to try it on my workstation.
EDIT: There were a couple things i might have answered wrong, during the update process it asks if i want to keep the same keymap, i selected yes, then later it asked if i want to keep the sources i have or the updated one from the maintainer, i selected to keep the same ones, i dont know what this means and it was never written in the instructions how to answer this.
- Backup all data - ideally have a clone of the VM(s) so it is possible to try again (if necessary).
- Perform the usual [standard (“everyday”) update instructions]
- Consider running the optional [sanity tests]
- Run [systemcheck]
cat /usr/sbin/release-upgrade | grep version=
release-upgradecommand version. Should be minimum
1.5, should show
- Consider keeping the full release upgrade log output. It will be required for [Support] in case there are issues.
- Perform the automated [release upgrade using
- Done. If everything went well, at the end it will show:
INFO: OK. (release-upgrade version: 1.5) Release upgrade success.