Using for 1 year whonix TBB & iceweasel with adobe flash plugin..

Using for 1 year whonix TBB & iceweasel with adobe flash plugin and torrent inside whonix , so now my external real ip is allready exposed because of pseudoanonymity?
Oh my god!
Please confirm that .
A pseudonymous connection is defined as a connection to a destination server, where the destination server has no means to find out the origin (IP/location) of a connection, but can associate it with an identifier

Flash / Browser Plugin Security:
Conclusion : IP/location/identity will still be hidden inside Whonix-Workstation. Assume it to be pseudonymous rather than anonymous.
From whonix documentation.

So i will answer in my question : Yes , my ip was exposed.

Good day,

No, it wasn’t. As you wrote yourself, it is pseudononymous because there is no way of finding the true origin/IP. So your IP was never exposed.

Have a nice day,

Ego

I didn’t get it , A pseudonymous connection is defined as a connection to a destination server, where the destination server has no means to find out the origin (IP/location) of a connection, but can associate it with an identifier. When i was write my ip was exposed, i mean for that association with an identifier .

Good day,

you seem to have a crucial missunderstanding in regard to what an IP is and what an identifier is in this regard.

First of all, when using Whonix in the standard configuration your IP is NEVER exposed inside the Workstation. That’s just by design.

Second: An identifier in this regard means just any way of finding you a second time. In regards to flash, this is somewhat similar of a cookie. With it, a site/server may know when you access a site again true it, however your IP is not exposed. This is pseudononymous. This makes tracking to you/identifying you not possible, though it allows someone to track how often your ID has accessed something.

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

Thank you a lot Ego, make to me clear.