Using Bitmaks on Whonix? Obsf bridge commands?

Hello first of all I want to say I read the posts on this forum daily, I have yet to be able to give any kind of helpful knowledge, although I hope to someday. You guys are so helpful I really appreciate it. On to my questions:

1. Was going to install bitmask in order to get the riseup VPN working as it is my understanding their new VPN works with Bitmask and LEAP which supposedly makes it more secure.

So I went to set up and I was confronted with a dilemma up until now I had been using a VPN on the host if I were to download it to Whonix then I would have a host VPN>Tor>VPN is that correct? If that is the case I think it would make sense to just install Bitmask on the host. Lastly,before downloading bitmask there was a warning that said it was experimental software does this bring up any known risks or dangers with Whonix?? Assuming I added it on the host? Just for knowledge sake would it affect anything on Whonix?

1. Apparently the process of using obfs bridges has changed as I read another outdated article. It seems that tor is no longer giving out bridges based on emailing them. I sent them an email and got back an email that contained commands. Can you explain where in the browser I need to put the commands in order to get access to the bridges?

Thanks

Also getting an error trying to install Bitmask on Ubuntu host but when I get to the 4th command the getupdate command it says:

Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
root@Dell-Insperion:~# apt-get update
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)

I know this isn’t directly Whonix related but I would imagine one of you who are familiar with LInux could explain this.

Thanks again for putting up with my many questions.

For tunnels, VPNs, see also:

Where you add VPN(s) is up to you. The above article should give you clues what impact which combination has.

Bridges are not entered in the browser when using Whonix. How to use them is documented here:

Ubuntu:
sidenote, use Debian or even better, Qubes.

experimental software:
Any. Not related to bitmask. But any sotware can bring new risks [to the host]. And a compromised host would be fatal, because then Whonix would have no solid basis. If the extra code is worth the maybe-gains of the VPN is for you to decide. In Qubes, that could be easier compartmentalized.

apt-get issue:
Means that some other program is accessing the package database already. Could be apper or packagekit or similar. Then it should be a transient error. If the error persists, you must (generally) search for “apt-get troubleshooting”.