Use different video model=?

[quote=“Patrick, post:40, topic:368”][quote author=gh0st link=topic=386.msg2969#msg2969 date=1406619276]
Is it just me… or is anyone else whos using debian stable getting mouse scroll issues and resolution issues? (taskbar gets cuttof when expanding resolution height over 720)
[/quote]

Happens for me as well. Is this an issue introduced by Whonix or does it also happen if Debian stable (currently: wheezy)? Have you tried or can you try please?[/quote]

[quote=“gh0st, post:41, topic:368”]For the mouse issue, according to this: 54387 – Upgrade to evdev-2.7.0 (from 2.6.0) breaks mouse wheel on qemu-kvm guest with usb-tablet option seems its a problem that occurs with the newer evdev package. Not able to test this yet.

This seems to be an issue with debian stable and the following patch should solve the resolution issue:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=654823#22

Edit: would it be safe to switch to cirrus instead of qxl?[/quote]
I guess so.

Would it help with the “taskbar gets cuttof” issue?

Performance is a different question. Maybe qxl is faster than cirrus?

Is qxl related to SPICE? Maybe SPICE only works when using qxl? (SPICE - KVM)

Another interesting alternative to qxl would be model=vbox. Maybe that is fast as well?

See also:

Maybe we could work around this by using a primary and a secondary video adapter.

Using vmvga fixes the resolution issue and you can expand the resolution very high

Performance is a different question. Maybe qxl is faster than cirrus?

Yes

Is qxl related to SPICE? Maybe SPICE only works when using qxl? (http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/SPICE)

Correct

Another interesting alternative to qxl would be model=vbox. Maybe that is fast as well?

Doesn’t really matter in performance compared to other emulated alternatives since what makes QXL fast is its newer architecture and the SPICE protocol that is built for virtualization and resource constraints from the bottom up.

Using dual graphics is certainly possible:

<devices> <video> <model type='vmvga' vram=''128000" heads='1' primary='yes'/> <model type='qxl' ram='256000' vram='256000' heads='1'/> </video> </devices>

or you can replace qxl with an alternative model instead.