Upgrading Whonix Gateway

So,

I want to upgrade my whonix workstation…But I dont want to have to type the commands in line for line to do. I want to be able to open a browser up and navigate to the whonix webpage and copy and paste the needed commands to do so, but there is no brower in Gateway…what should I do?

Good day,

Which solution are you using for virtualizing/emulating Whonix. In VBox, you may simply activate the shared clipboard and copy the lines that way.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Vbox, But im not sure how to use the shared clip board…thanks

Good day,

get into the settings for your virtual machine, click on “Advanced” and change the settings accordingly under “shared clipboard”.

Have a nice day,

Ego

This much I know. But how do I operate it? I see that just copy and paste or cut and paste doesnt work… so how does the clip board feature operate? Im also on imac

Thanks

[quote=“Ego, post:4, topic:1556”]Good day,

get into the settings for your virtual machine, click on “Advanced” and change the settings accordingly under “shared clipboard”.

Have a nice day,

Ego[/quote]

Good day,

Yes, the feature sadly is more than a bit temperamental. One some configurations it works flawlessly, on others it throws a tantrum. Maybe I’ll reinstall Mac OS X on my iMac in the near future and try to deduce, where the problem lies.

Currently, you’ll sadly have to arrange with the fact that you’ll have to type everything manually in the gateway, to upgrade your installation of Whonix. Though, if you read this here completely, you’ll see that it isn’t as much as it may seem, since most things are “Qubes-Whonix specific”. Furthermore, may I recommend simply “reimporting” the newer Whonix 11 Gateway template? Since there shouldn’t be much changed in the Gateway (aside from at best ten lines in torrc) this may be an option.

Have a nice day,

Ego

I toughed it out and typed it command for command… Seems to have updated fine… but now once I start Gateway and them workstation im getting this error in workstation:

ERROR: Tor Bootstrap Result:
Tor’s Control Port could not be reached!

Troubleshooting:

• Confirm that Whonix-Gateway is running.
  • Run whonixcheck on Whonix-Gateway and confirm success.
  • If you’re running multiple Whonix-Workstations simultaneously, confirm that separate IP addresses are configured (see Multiple Whonix-Workstation ™).
  • Rerun whonixcheck here.

(Technical information:)
(Code: 255)
(tor_bootstrap_timeout_type: none)
(tor_bootstrap_status: Socket error: [Errno 111] Connection refused)
(check_socks_port_open_test: 22)
(Tor Circuit: not established)

I cant run whonix check in gateway either… it wont even open…just tries and then stops…

Solutions?

Also, I am on VB

Read the message. Apply/answer everything listed under Troubleshooting.