Unable to download any file in Tor Browser

Hello,

I’m hoping someone can help with an ongoing issue I’ve been having, trying to download files (any files) using Tor Browser within Whonix.

Whonix is my second Debian based distro in which downloading issues have occurred.
I am currently running Whonix through VirtualBox on a Windows 10 host.

Almost everything works as it should. Tor Browser launches just fine, connects to the servers, I’m able to browse websites, etc. But when I click a “download” button or right click a link to “save as”, the normal prompt to choose a download location pops up, followed by an error message.

For instance, when I attempt to download a new version of Tor Browser from the Tor Browser website, this is what pops up:

/tmp/mozilla_user0/XTuQomuj.xz.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

I have no problem downloading files in Tor Browser when it’s running on the host machine (Windows 10).
Also, I have no problem downloading files within a Debian guest if I use the standard Firefox browser without any Tor connection.

In case it helps, here is the error I get when attempting to update Tor using the Whonix terminal:

(Debugging information: curl_status_message: [18] - [Partial file. Only a part of the file was transferred.])’
+++ ‘[’ ‘!’ 'Failed to download: …/torbrowser/9.0.9/tor-browser-linux64-9.0.9_en-US.tar.xz

Possible reasons:

• The download server is down.
  • File size exceeded (endless data attack triggered).
  • Tor Browser Downloader (by Whonix developers) has been broken due to upstream changes.

Thanks in advance for any tips or recommendations!

Virtual disk full up?

Using apparmor-profile-torbrowser?

Tor Browser Essentials

Can you command line download any other files?

Secure Command Line / Scurl

Please don’t write Tor when you mean Tor Browser since this will cause confusion.