Trouble extracting Whonix KVM

Hey all, So i was trying to follow a tutorial on how to setup whonix KVM on a youtube video by Mental Outlaw on youtube and i’m stuck on the extraction part where I use the “tar” command to extract the archive but when I do it does not give me the Workstation iso but does give me the gateway iso. I’m confused as how to fix this and have been dealing with this for the past day trying to read the forums before i ask for help.

I attached a photo to this post so you can see where i’m at and point me in the right direction. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Try delete all, re-download. The download might be corrupted, incomplete. Use digital software signature verification.

Note: I am not a maintainer of Whonix KVM.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the reply and i’ve deleted and downloaded multiple times and have got the same results. However I did not verify the signature on my attempts after i downloaded the archives so i’ll do that once I get back to my machine. But in the event that something comes back negative in the signature what should i do?

That is rather hypothetical at this time. In that case, please open a separate forum thread.

1 Like