Torsocks, what is Tor-Friendly

The official website of Torsocks Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting. referred ‘Tor-Friendly’ and ‘Socks-Friendly’, what’s that mean? And how to sure an application is Socks-Friendly or not

I would assume the vague definition of, Socks-friendly is: able to be configured to use a SocksProxy without leaking DNS or circumventing the SocksProxy.

I would assume the vague definition of, Tor-friendly is: developed with Tor in mind. Socks-friendly; without leaking DNS or circumventing the SocksProxy and not being affected by protocol leaks (TorifyHOWTO · Wiki · Legacy / Trac · GitLab). Eventually using Tor by default of having a wizard to offer using Tor.

The tor-talk mailing list might yield better results for this question.

For me a transparent proxy tool is to force any network connections of application into specific proxy, obviously Torsocks only can be transparent with friendly applications, that’s not any programs, I know Whonix can force any network traffic coming out from its Workstation, but is there any other less size proxy tool fully transparent?

Whonix:
Custom build minimal Whonix(-Gateway) (Build and Update Whonix ™ from Source Code) combined with Custom-Whonix-Workstation (Anonymize Other Operating Systems) and eventually Physical Isolation (Build Documentation: Physical Isolation).

Non-Whonix Custom build Transparent Proxy:
Firewall rules, Local Redirection Through Tor (not as secure from clearnet leaks as Whonix) (TransparentProxy · Wiki · Legacy / Trac · GitLab)