Tor's control port could not be reached

I am getting this same error suddenly and consistently today, also from within Workstation. “Tor’s control port could not be reached”, etc…

I haven’t changed anything, it just started occurring. Tor bootstrap test still says connected to Tor, and http://check.torproject.org reports connected to Tor.

But Whonixcheck produces this error each time I’ve restarted Workstation so far, today.

What virtualizer / platform?

Please post the full output of whonixcheck.

[quote=“Patrick, post:2, topic:1569”]What virtualizer / platform?

Please post the full output of whonixcheck.[/quote]

Sorry Patrick… the full output was exactly identical to the text posted by new2this in the other thread. I was just paraphrasing with what I typed. I am not at my Whonix machine right now, and am not sure how to copy and paste the output from the Whonixcheck popup dialog. But was this:

NFO: Whonix is produced independently of, with no guarantee from, The Tor Project. Whonix is experimental software. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity. https://www.whonix.org
INFO: SocksPort Test Result: Connected to Tor. IP: 171.25.193.131
ERROR: TransPort Test Result: Tor’s TransPort was not reachable. (curl exit code: [6] - [Couldn’t resolve host. The given remote host was not resolved.])
(If you disabled Tor’s TransPort, please disable this check, see whonixcheck /etc/whonix.d/30_whonixcheck_default configuration file.)
ERROR: Stream Isolation Test: Skipped, because TransPort test failed! Can not test stream isolation.
INFO: Whonix News Result:
√ Up to date: whonix-workstation-packages-dependencies 2.5-1
√ Up to date: Whonix Build Version: 11.0.0.3.0
INFO: Debian Package Update Check Result: No updates found via apt-get.
INFO: Whonix APT Repository: Enabled. When the Whonix team releases JESSIE updates, they will be AUTOMATICALLY installed (when you run apt-get dist-upgrade) along with updated packages from the Debian team. Please read Placing Trust in Whonix ™ to understand the risk. If you want to change this, use:
Start menu → Applications → System → Whonix Repository
INFO: Tor Browser Update Check Result: Up to date.

I am using KVM under Linux Mint. The problem did seem to go away the last time I restarted last night, so perhaps it was just transient as you say, and self-resolved after the Tor network corrected the issue.

So there is no…
"Tor’s control port could not be reached"
Error?

[quote=“Patrick, post:4, topic:1569”]So there is no…
"Tor’s control port could not be reached"
Error?[/quote]

I don’t think so… I was just remembering that version from another error months ago, I think, and typing it hastily in a rush. It was the same as the other user’s error, TransPort rather than control port. But it has since gone away and I haven’t seen it again, so I can’t check for sure. Probably just a temporary network/Tor issue.