Tor circuit: not established

Hello
I’m installing Whonix in kvm but when starts Gateway, Tor Bootstrap doesn’t establish connection after 120 sec. Network Time Synchronization failed and Arm always loads ’ New control connection opened from 127.0.0.1.(X duplicates hidden). I have restarted Tor and showed me that tor service is active (running)

Thank you
(For other details ask)

Do you live in a censored area?

Does TBB (Tor Browser Bundle) work for you on the host?

Hi Patrick
No, I use vpn on the host
The same vpn with the same country in ubuntu with virtualbox works perfectly, in debian with kvm no

Does TBB (Tor Browser Bundle) work for you on the host?

Test this…

No, I waited fifteen minutes to load certificates but nothing

Good day,

Ok, that’s rather odd. Could you please try using obfs3 to connect?

Have a nice day,

Ego

Good day,

I tried to connect with obfs3, obsf4 ad custom but nothing

Regards

Good day,

did you verify the images? If so, could you maybe import them again?

Have a nice day,

Ego

I haven’t verified the image, downloaded it other twice but the same result (it don’t load more than half). I have opened it in ubuntu and works. There has to be something in Debian that prevents Tor.

Regards

Good day,

that’s odd, I did never face any problems with Debian as a host. Maybe your firewall settings are at fault? Also, please always verify the images, otherwise a lot of (non visible) issues could arise.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Good day
Where do I find firewall settings?
Whonix images are verified, I was referring to Tor download.

Regards

Good day,

Please regard this: DebianFirewall - Debian Wiki

Have a nice day,

Ego

Good day

iptables -L
In chain input (all accepted), in chain forward some are accepted some no (reject -with icmp-port-unreachable), in chain output (all accepted)

If you need more specific results ask me

Regards

perhaps Tor is censored or in other words illegal in your country?

Good day,

Is unlikely to be the culprit, obfs3 currently can even beat DPI and according to the thread creator, it works on Ubuntu.

Sorry, have no idea what could be the reason for such behaviour…

Have a nice day,

Ego

Good day

After trying more and more times, suddenly I decided to connect without vpn and…miracle… it worked! Also with vpn(tor on host). Said to myself (now I try with whonix) but tor doesn’t establish circuit (maybe I ask too, all solved in a moment). I restarted pc and…I’m back at the beginning.

I saved Tor log

Proxy client: unable to connect to 104.131.100.132:56883 "Connection refused"
Closing no-longer-configured Socks listener on 127.0.0.1:9150
DisableNetwork is set. Tor will not make or accept non-network connection. Shutting down all existing connections
Closing old socks listener on 127.0.0.1:9150

Regards

Very confusing thread. You have a VPN (on host or gateway?). You’ve tested with Tor Browser Bundle (on host or gateway? with or without vpn?). Whonix doesn’t work (with or without vpn?)

Please state which configurations work and which don’t.

Run sudo whonixsetup and enable Tor.

Good day

Vpn on the host
TBB doesn’t work on host and gateway, with and without vpn
Whonix doesn’t work with and without vpn
Just for a moment Tor on the host worked with and without vpn (Whonix not) but after I’ve restarted pc it doesn’t establish more the connection

Disablenetwork appears with TBB on the host
In whonix I have also restart Tor, whonixcheck but nothing

Regards

Given what you’ve said, I would suggest all of the following:

1. Tor connections are blocked in your country.
  2. Tor connections are blocked in the country where your vpn is located.
  3. Tor entry guard & bridge IPs are also blocked (in one or both places, not clear)

Maybe you got lucky and used a bridge that hadn’t been censored yet?

Forget about Whonix until TBB is working reliably.

1. connect to a vpn server in a country that is known not to block tor connections.
  2. make sure the vpn connection is working! go to whatismyipaddress.com continue browsing until you are sure the connection is reliable. If your country censors heavily, they may be blocking openvpn as well as vpn ip addresses.
  3. if you have done step 2 properly, then launching tbb should connect.

If not, I’m sorry but I’m at a loss as well.
You could try reaching out to help@rt.torproject.org
or Tor Project | Contact

good luck

Good day,

1. No
  2. I use the same vpn with same country on Ubuntu everyday
    I tried also to use other countries usa,ca,nl,de (verified them on whatismyipaddress)

Regards