Tor Browser Globe Icon Missing

Thank you! It worked!

Now the only issue I’m having is that after I resize the VMs, the tool bar is on top instead of bottom and it doesn’t show the little Tor globe so I know I’m connected to Tor. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. I’m brand new to KVM.

Yes so the xfce toolbar and the start menu is set to show on top of the window. If you want to change that you can look at the general xfce settings. @Patrick any idea where we set that (if we do)?

As for the Tor globe you won’t see it in TBB in Whonix by design so this info isn’t leaked to attackers in the WS.

Thanks. I was referring to the little green globe in the right corner once it connects. Im just curious because it shows there in virtual box, but not on KVM.

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Tor_Browser#Whonix_.E2.84.A2_Tor_Browser_Differences

find . -type f -not -iwholename '*.git*' | grep -i xfce

./security-misc/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/thunar.xml
./security-misc/etc/sudoers.d/xfce-security-misc
./usability-misc/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/terminal/terminalrc
./anon-gw-base-files/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml.anondist
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/GPLv3
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/usr/share/livecheck/livecheck.sh
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/usr/share/lintian/overrides/whonix-xfce-desktop-config
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/changelog.upstream
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/debian/control
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/debian/compat
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/debian/whonix-xfce-desktop-config.maintscript
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/debian/source/format
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/debian/source/lintian-overrides
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/debian/changelog
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/debian/watch
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/debian/copyright
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/debian/whonix-xfce-desktop-config.install
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/debian/rules
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-panel.xml
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xsettings.xml
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-session.xml
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfwm4.xml
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-5/15404745781.desktop
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-6/15404746372.desktop
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/panel/whiskermenu-1.rc
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-7/15404746583.desktop
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/panel/genmon-12.rc
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/etc/sudoers.d/whonix-xfce-desktop-config
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/CONTRIBUTING.md
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/COPYING
./whonix-xfce-desktop-config/README.md
./vm-config-dist/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml
./anon-ws-base-files/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml.anondist

Yes, task bar position can be freely changed as per usual Xfce use as per Self Support First Policy for Whonix

1 Like