[imho qubes info related to basic usage should be replicated on whonix wiki - to serve new users who find qubes through whonix. Advanced concepts should be left on the qubes pages… After whonix homepage is done, wiki needs a major facelift in terms of usability… to call the table of contents overwhelming, intimidating, bewildering would be major understatement. No normal user would browse that, and new users can have trouble figuring out search terms…]
Intro: general concept of templates, mostly duplicated from Qubes docs.
- description of appvms (and servicevms, proxyvms, etc) and how they inherit files from the template
- description of standalone vms
Bind directories: how to make directories persist after reboot
- /rw/config/qubes-bind-dirs.d ?
- some usage examples: firewalls, proxies, untrusted apps, etc
- limitations with respect to which directories can be included? can the entire vm be made persistent with sufficient entries?
- directories that are persistent in all Qubes VMs
- directories that are persistent in Whonix VMs
Related wiki pages (that may need revisions):
I don’t know enough to write this. In fact, somewhat confused.
Why is whonix_firewall.d not configured as a bind directory? but instead required to be added to /rw/config/? Other examples like this?
EDIT: From https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Tunnels/Connecting_to_Tor_before_a_VPN#Qubes_specific, it seems /rw/config/whonix_firewall.d/ is a temporary workaround until /usr/lib/qubes/bind-dirs.sh is ready?