The torrc differs from what tor's using

using whonix 11 stable repository, i got this sticky brown message in the app-armor , and i dont understand what is saying , also i pressed x then x to confirm and restarted the GW but the same message still there , image:-

Most likely unrelated to apparmor.

Most likely an upstream bug in tor-arm.

There was such an issue in past:

Maybe it’s a regression.

My advice is to not take tor-arm too serious for anything.

If you want this issue fixed, you need to work on plain Debian + Tor + tor-arm and take this up to upstream (The Tor Project).

ok i will do it as an experimental way and feedback here then report it to tor

but there is one strange thing, i have opened another laptop where whonix 11 installed inside kvm and i have opened arm konsole , i have found the exact same message!

donno if someone have that from whonix 11 testers with stable repository

the tor version was 4.5.2 , i have tried to install 5 alpha and checked the arm konsole its the same issue.

debian+tor+apparmor i feel i will not c this error but i will give it a shot to c what will happen

tried debian jessie + tor browser 4.5.2 + apparmor , results:-

1- aa-status

apparmor module is loaded. 38 profiles are loaded. 3 profiles are in enforce mode. /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser//browser_java /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser//browser_openjdk /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser//sanitized_helper 35 profiles are in complain mode. /sbin/klogd /sbin/syslog-ng /sbin/syslogd /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser//chromium_browser_sandbox /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser//lsb_release /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser//xdgsettings /usr/lib/dovecot/anvil /usr/lib/dovecot/auth /usr/lib/dovecot/config /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver /usr/lib/dovecot/dict /usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-auth /usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda /usr/lib/dovecot/imap /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login /usr/lib/dovecot/lmtp /usr/lib/dovecot/log /usr/lib/dovecot/managesieve /usr/lib/dovecot/managesieve-login /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3 /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3-login /usr/lib/dovecot/ssl-params /usr/sbin/avahi-daemon /usr/sbin/dnsmasq /usr/sbin/dovecot /usr/sbin/identd /usr/sbin/mdnsd /usr/sbin/nmbd /usr/sbin/nscd /usr/sbin/smbd /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd///etc/init.d/nscd /usr/{sbin/traceroute,bin/traceroute.db} /{usr/,}bin/ping 2 processes have profiles defined. 0 processes are in enforce mode. 2 processes are in complain mode. /usr/sbin/avahi-daemon (446) /usr/sbin/avahi-daemon (461) 0 processes are unconfined but have a profile defined.

2- ps auxZ | grep -v ‘^unconfined’

LABEL USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND /usr/sbin/avahi-daemon avahi 446 0.0 0.1 32216 2816 ? Ss 16:12 0:00 avahi-daemon: running [debian.local] /usr/sbin/avahi-daemon avahi 461 0.0 0.0 32092 248 ? S 16:12 0:00 avahi-daemon: chroot helper

3-tail -f /var/log/kern.log

Jun 28 16:12:13 debian kernel: [ 18.482732] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready Jun 28 16:12:13 debian kernel: [ 18.484556] e1000: eth0 NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: RX Jun 28 16:12:13 debian kernel: [ 18.484868] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready Jun 28 16:12:21 debian gnome-session[831]: Entering running state Jun 28 16:12:42 debian pulseaudio[1023]: Disabling timer-based scheduling because running inside a VM. Jun 28 16:12:42 debian pulseaudio[1023]: Disabling timer-based scheduling because running inside a VM. Jun 28 16:12:46 debian x-session-manager[944]: Entering running state Jun 28 16:13:02 debian pulseaudio[1023]: ALSA woke us up to write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to write! Jun 28 16:13:02 debian pulseaudio[1023]: Most likely this is a bug in the ALSA driver 'snd_intel8x0'. Please report this issue to the ALSA developers. Jun 28 16:13:02 debian pulseaudio[1023]: We were woken up with POLLOUT set -- however a subsequent snd_pcm_avail() returned 0 or another value < min_avail.

but didnt know how to install arm konsole screen on debian like in whonix gw.

so should i go and tell tor about it or not ? because to be honest with u im a little bit lost here

i have asked this question to the tor upstream , here is the answer from them:-

link:- [ARM_WARN] The torrc differ from what tor's using (#16459) · Issues · Legacy / Trac · GitLab

the summary of that:- “probable false alarm”