The repository 'http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian bullseye-security Release' does not have a Release file. Please help

Hey!

Using a fresh install of the non-free firmware version of Debian Bullseye.

Ended up reinstalling it to get the latest Whonix version Setup.

According to instructions on here it is important to make sure Debian is fully updated before proceeding with Whonix install.

However I get this error when I try to do so

E: The repository ‘Index of /debian bullseye-security Release’ does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Here is my source file content:

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 11.1.0 Bullseye - Unofficial amd64 DVD Binary-1 with firmware 20211009-10:08]/ bullseye contrib main non-free

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 11.1.0 Bullseye - Unofficial amd64 DVD Binary-1 with firmware 20211009-10:08]/ bullseye contrib main non-free

deb Index of /debian bullseye main non-free contrib
deb-src Index of /debian bullseye main non-free contrib

deb Index of /debian bullseye-security main contrib non-free
deb-src Index of /debian bullseye-security main contrib non-free

bullseye-updates, to get updates before a point release is made;

see Chapter 2. Debian package management

deb Index of /debian bullseye-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src Index of /debian bullseye-updates main contrib non-free

Would really appreciate help because I can’t install Whonix until I sort this.

Thanks

But it kind of is specific to whonix because it’s instructed in the whonix kvm guide to make sure that the host OS is updated before performing the install. Can you try and be a bit more helpful please?

This is a support forum.

Thanks.

Package installation from packages.debian.org is exactly the same for any user of Debian without knowledge of Whonix existence. Not possible to support otherwise. Reasons: Support Request Policy

No worries thanks for getting back Patrick.