the following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 74A941BA219EC810 deb.torproject.org archive signing key

Is this related?

W: Failed to fetch http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/dists/stretch/InRelease  The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 74A941BA219EC810 deb.torproject.org archive signing key

No.

Non-Qubes-Whonix only fix:

sudo apt-key --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/torprojectarchive.gpg adv --keyserver hkp://ipv4.pool.sks-keyservers.net:80 --recv-keys A3C4F0F979CAA22CDBA8F512EE8CBC9E886DDD89

Qubes-Whonix fix:
Did it work to proxy through Qubes updates proxy? @0brand Could you add please?

Page Installing Newer Tor Versions was missing advice to install package deb.torproject.org-keyring which keeps the signing key updated. Just now added.

1 Like

I only use Qubes-Whonix, and both my whonix templates are affected. I assume they use Qubes update proxy by default? In which case that doesn’t help my situation.

Thanks for fix. Installing package fixed it.

Yes but the gpg command will fail closed by default and making it work through updates proxy is non-trivial if you don’t know the command.

Not sure what you are asking. A solutions was found for Qubes updates proxy? It thought we were still working on this.

1 Like
1 Like