[HOME] [DOWNLOAD] [DOCS] [BLOG] [SUPPORT] [TIPS] [ISSUES] [Priority Support]

Something Went Wrong!

Whonix-Qubes , tester repository.

i open the TBB 5.5.1 as usual , then a new tab opened saying this message:-

???

Good day,

this applies here as well: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/FAQ#check.torproject.org_says_.22Sorry._You_are_not_using_Tor..22

Have a nice day,

Ego

thought that as well , but the funny thing is:-

i went to torcheck link while that error appeared = it says im using Tor ???

so i got lost. but the real question that we should ask: is that because of Tor/TBB or because of Whonix ? and good answer to this question no body know atm, nor it will be easy.

but i reported this issue , in case if anyone got it at the same time then the problem going to be identifiable easier if its from here or there.

Good day,

did you access torcheck via the same window or tab? Because otherwise streamisolation has given you a new exit node which got detected.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Something Went Wrong! Tor is not working in this browser.

How did you end up on about:tor? By manually entering that page? Using Tor Browser 6.0a1-hardened on Qubes-Whonix and a new tab does not result in this for me.

check.torproject.org is not the same as about:tor. This is Tor Browser’s own Control Port verification test. How that test works is briefly described on the following page:

This test is not useful in Whonix at all. It’s not even a false positive. It’s just an obscure condition that leads to a test failing that would not be useful in Whonix anyhow.

The following page also applies:

yeah the same window , thats why it was funny. (how , what the…etc)

like i said i opened the TBB like any normal person would do , and a new tab window jumped up witha image above.

By manually entering that page?

manually entering that page ? what do u mean :open_mouth:?

Using Tor Browser 6.0a1-hardened on Qubes-Whonix and a new tab does not result in this for me.

that message appeared while im using TBB 5.5.1.

This test is not useful in Whonix at all. It’s not even a false
positive. It’s just an obscure condition that leads to a test failing
that would not be useful in Whonix anyhow.

oh i c.

hope nothing harmful inside my WS.

“By manually entering that page?” I meant, did you open the Tor Browser, clicked into the domain bar, typed about:tor and pressed enter.

nope , it just popped up when i opened the TBB.

Does it persist? When it stopped? Does it still happen?

Does it persist?

in that time => nope

When it stopped?

when i have restarted the WS

Does it still happen?

from that time , it didnt happen with me.

Coincidentally, this just happened to me today as well.

Restarting Tor Browser didn’t fix but restarting VM did.

Not sure why it happened since TOR_SKIP_CONTROLPORTTEST=1 was set.

Maybe it’s a sign I should: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Advanced_Security_Guide#Disable_Control_Port_Filter_Proxy

I’d like to leave it enabled in the Gateway. Can I just delete the rinetd redirection?

interesting , hmm and we cant even know how to produce it