[SOLVED] Enable clipboard to input bridge ips quickly

You know bridge is a really long string for hand typing, as for now I only can use keyboard to type the string one letter by one, and sometimes mistake but I don’t know, boring and now the bridge string become even longer, how can I copy it into Gateway?

There isn’t a great answer to this yet. There are guest additions (https://www.whonix.org/wiki/VirtualBox_Guest_Additions) that implement copy and paste between host and VM, but it’s not clear they’re lowering overall security.

I have already enabled the clipboard in the Virtualbox right now, no matter install guest addition or not, right click on the selected text and click to copy from host OS Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit can not effect the Whonix clipboard

Documented on https://www.whonix.org/wiki/VirtualBox_Guest_Additions:
Clipboard sharing is disabled by default in the Virtual Box VM settings for Whonix-Gateway and Whonix-Workstation. Enable it only temporarily in case you really need it. Go to VirtualBox machine settings → General → Advanced → Shared Clipboard → Enable → ok.

Split to Whonix Forum

I couldn’t make the Whonix Gateway connect to internet without using Obfs bridge, in this case can I update the Gateway without obfs bridge? (I never try)

I am not sure I understand the question.

You mean update without Tor by using clearnet?

Is your priority circumvention or hiding Tor?

if circumvention: you could try to update Whonix-Gateway through clearnet. This is currently undocumented. It may fail if the censor also blocks access to Tor related update packages.

if hiding Tor: would be difficult, undocumented, but you could also download the required update packages manually, then manually install them. Another option are custom build from source code.

I just want to do the clipboard sharing, so I just go to settings -> General -> Advanced -> Shared Clipboard -> Enable -> ok, and without apt-get update in Whonix Gateway, can I?

In it’s simplest form…

You need

power off

(Correction)
Go to VirtualBox machine settings -> General -> Advanced -> Shared Clipboard -> Bidirectional -> ok.

sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install virtualbox-guest-x11

reboot

done

…then clipboard sharing will be enabled.

(Without “apt-get install virtualbox-guest-x11” it won’t work.)