Shutter (screenshot creator) doesnt work inside whonix-qubes

according to this wiki:-

shutter should work inside whonix. but i dont think this is the same with Whonix inside Qubes OS, and i think the cause of that is qubes security itself “compartmentalization”.

shutter doesnt recognize or allowed to view whonix Desktop. so it is giving this message:-

[glow=red,2,300]Error while taking the screenshot.

Keyboard could not be grabbed[/glow]

and also another Error appears if u press on Menu inside shutter program

[glow=red,2,300]Error while taking the screenshot.

Maybe mouse pointer could not be grabbed or the selected area is invalid.[/glow]

Only screenshots in dom0 work. This goes for whole Qubes. Not just Qubes-Whonix.

aha i c , well in this case dont u think we should put some highlights inside the wiki or here in the forum saying that screenshots wont work inside Qubes except from dom0 or something like that ? (preferred inside the wiki)

also is it only the screenshots or there r another programs? (like if there is there a list or something)

i know its not related specifically to whonix but these programs r mentioned inside whonix wiki and with no “Note” saying that using this or that program wont work with whonix-qubes because of qubes OS or so …etc.

aha i c , well in this case dont u think we should put some highlights inside the wiki or here in the forum saying that screenshots wont work inside Qubes except from dom0 or something like that ? (preferred inside the wiki)
Yes. Can you add an infobox please?
{{mbox
| image   = [[File:Ambox_notice.png|40px|alt=Qubes info box]]
| text       =
}}
also is it only the screenshots or there r another programs? (like if there is there a list or something)
There is no such list, not that I know.

Also another issue, something very special:

If we collect a few of such cases, we can indeed make a list.

You can try asking on the qubes-users mailing list. Although it would be difficult to ask a good question that gets understood.

done :slight_smile:

Update:- shutter now working inside Whonix-Qubes