Hello Whonix Community,
I have read almost the entire Whonix Wiki. However, there are some questions that the Wiki did not answer or remained unclear.
- The wiki recommends Debian as host operating system. Why not take advantage of Kicksecure’s hardening and use it as host operating system?
- The wiki recommends disabling TCP SACK. Is this still recommended? Within Whonix 15 I can’t find the configuration under “/etc/sysctl.d/tcp_sack.conf”.
- The wiki recommends hiding different user locations against Tor guard fingerprinting by using alternating bridges. Are these special bridges? Or “normal” bridges and they alternate by default?
- FireJail is no longer recommended because it’s unclear whether it does more good than harm, right?
5) I have read that the sys-net, sys-firewall templates from Fedora ping home by default. Is this still a problem?
6) Is there a good reason not to install Tirdad inside Qubes-Whonix?
7) The wiki recommends to disable core dumps and swap. Is this also recommended for Qubes-Whonix?
8) Why are disabled core dumps and swap files not the default setting within the Whonix templates?
9) The wiki recommends using Debian minimal templates for sys-net and sys-firewall. Why not use an already hardened cloned Whonix-ws-15?
Many thanks for your amazing work!