This could use a technical revision (and maybe also some formatting enhancements). Very old page.
We shouldn’t ever set template to fedora or anything unrelated. Users forget about it and then boot with the wrong template. (example: Tor can’t start (After Qubes Whonix templates Reinstall) - [warn] Directory /var/lib/tor/.tor cannot be read: Permission denied)
dummy template(as mentioned on https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/reinstall-template/) instead.
“Option 1b. Removing VMs with TemplateVM”
Not sure that makes sense there. Perhaps more logical to split into separate chapters
Remove Whonix TemplateBased VMs and
Uninstall Whonix TemplateVMs?
- strange options / strange writing style
Option 2a. Uninstall Whonix-Gateway TemplateVM
Option 2b. Uninstall Whonix-Workstation TemplateVM
- Remove the Whonix Workstation DisposableVM Template
That has to be done before
Uninstall Whonix-Workstation TemplateVM?
- checking overall if all of instructions are working at all
for Qubes reinstall from https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes we currently link to:
- Does that work for Whonix as is?
- Worth having a page in Whonix wiki that is Whonix specific and R4.0 only?
- Can users re-install (some) Whonix templates over Tor (Whonix)?