Problem on Setting up a Whonix-Custom-Workstation Windows 7

Hello guys ,

I tried to set up a Whonix-Custom-Workstation with windows 7 .
Well , everything was fine in the beginning tell this step : " Configure network. "

For Windows 7 (similar in Windows XP): In Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center: click on “Change adapter settings” Right-click on local area connection > properties In property window: double-click …

The problem is , I didn’t find the " Local area connection " I think because of the network driving was missing from the windows 7 . Anyway , I tried to install the network driver from the " Driver Pack Solution DVD ISO " but I don’t know why i cant launch the autorun file … . so I just give up and tried with the (old, stable way)… Sorry for my bad english .

Please if you have any sugestion , you’re welcome .
Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Windows is not a good anonymity system. Don’t bother.

I know bro , but I need it . Thx for your replay :slight_smile:

Windows should come with networking drivers by default.

Consider learning how to use Windows in a virtualizer without involving Whonix/anonymity first. Then many things could clear up.

Driver Pack Solution DVD ISO
Sounds like you're on the wrong track here.

[quote=“Patrick, post:4, topic:875”]Windows should come with networking drivers by default.

Consider learning how to use Windows in a virtualizer without involving Whonix/anonymity first. Then many things could clear up.

Sounds like you’re on the wrong track here.[/quote]
Hmm , if that so why I can’t find the “local area connection” . any sugestion . Thank you

The main suggestion is to wipe Whonix anything from the problem and question. Learn Windows and virtualizer. And thereby, get access the much bigger Windows support community.