Post install questions:PGP files, username and pw change

First of all thank you to Ego for your valuable links and fast answer to my questions. Again I apologize for how new I am to both Linux and whonix. I am about to change the default username and pw do I run these commands on both the gateway and workstation or just the gateway?

My next question is I noticed that there is a PGP app on the workstation however how can I import keys that are on files located on the host outside the VM?? In other words if I have keys located on files outside the VM how can I xfer them to VM?

Lastly, when it comes to installing apps like pidgin OTR can I just run the same commands I did when installing them on Ubuntu??

Again, please forgive how big a noob I am at this, I have tried doing my own research but many of the Linux instructions are meant for people that have at least a basic knowledge of Linux and it’s commands. Again any help would be appreciated and I imagine it will be some time before you hear an intelligent question from me.

Thanks in advance.

Good day,

You only need to change the passwords, not the usernames and this needs to be done both on the Workstation and the Gateway, see: Post-installation Security Advice

Regarding your second question, please read this: File Transfer - Whonix

To your third question yes, but keep in mind this needs to be done on the Workstation.

Have a nice day,

Ego