Сountries with dictatorship & Tor nodes

How to disable all the nodes from specific countries?

On the Whonix?

Good day,

That is not something which has been implemented in Tor as there is no reason for something like this. The only thing you could do was find a list of all relays, manually sort it by countries and than setup the torrc in a way which excludes this nodes.

This however shouldn’t be done as it would weaken security and has no advantage what so ever.

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

Workarounds:

I just want to remove all from my country and USA.

Good day,

Like said, that is not really something which has been programed into Tor, as relays used by it can’t be censored and aren’t really completely listed and exit nodes are always checked not to censor. So as there is no reason for it, there is no real way.

Have a nice day,

Ego

As Ego said, you can’t remove all of a country’s nodes. You can filter entry/exit nodes but

We recommend you do not use these they are intended for testing and may disappear in future versions. You get the best security that Tor can provide when you leave the route selection to Tor; overriding the entry / exit nodes can mess up your anonymity in ways we don’t understand.

Also, if you’re interested in removing US nodes, you would also need to remove (at a minimum) UK, AUS, CAN, NZ… plus likely FRA, NED, JPN… maybe even SWE & DE ! ( Five Eyes - Wikipedia )

1 Like

Yes thanks you.

TOR:

User => NSA => NSA => NSA => Internet => Jail

Good day,

I think what you are worried about is eavesdropping via NSA controlled relays. But that’s hardly possible as if it was, Tor wouldn’t be used by anyone. Your traffic is always encrypted, so neither the first, nor the second relay can “read” it and find out what it’s about. And since the third isn’t direclty connected with you, but only with the second relay, it can’t find out where the traffic is from.

Have a nice day,

Ego