"Other Operating Systems" issue with install iso

Hello! After reading this page http://www.dds6qkxpwdeubwucdiaord2xgbbeyds25rbsgr73tbfpqpt4a6vjwsyd.onion/wiki/Other_Operating_Systems#cite_note-9, I have a lot of questions left.

1. If I understood correctly Custom-Workstation.ova is the same for any operating system?
  2. After importing Custom-Workstation.ova, do I need to change any settings myself to install, for example, Windows? This question arises because the type of machine received as a result of import = linux, version = debian .
  3. The instructions say “2. Insert the installation DVD.”, but after you add the iso file of the desired OS, virtulbox stops at the inscription “creating process for virtual machine Custom-Workstation (GUI/Qt)” and nothing else changes. If you try to specify the desired iso in the virtual machine settings, the message pops up “FATAL: No bootable medium found! System halted” . What am I doing wrong and how do I install the system in a Custom-Workstation with an iso image?

Yes.

No.

As far as I know that’s just for illustrative reasons and settings pre-configuration.

Maybe that’s an unfortunate usability bug.

1. please make sure you’re able to do this when using VirtualBox “normally”, pretending Whonix doesn’t exist / not knowing Whonix exists. → Potential Solutions Beyond Whonix!

2. change boot order in VirtualBox settings (if required that’s a usability bug) or choose to boot from CD/DVD in VirtualBox virtual BIOS

Yeah! I tryed to load from CD/DVD via virtual BIOS and it’s solve my issue. Ths a lot!

1 Like